Wednesday, April 1, 2009

FrontLine Sick Around America

I am a health insurance agent in Utah. I sit on the board of the utah health underwriters as webmaster for http://www.uahu.org/ and http://www.benefitsmanager.net/. I was heavily envolved in designed a web connector to help Utah residents by pulling private and state sponsored insurance mechanisms together. Low budget of around $150k that virtually guaranteed health insurance coverage through either the private or state programs. Our state insurance committee rejected the idea. The elected to go for a Mass. type connector program that isn't working well when you check the actual facts. Our state approved H.B. 188 with a zero fiscal note attachment. My point is, I have been a fly on the wall in countless legislative meetings, insurance board meetings, hospital board meetings, the list goes on. The problem is conflict in demanding profit in all sectors of the system. Tough order to fill and keep costs down. Your episode brought perspective. You are absolutely right when you claim that healthcare is now unsustainable. I have been crying that a long time. Nobody listens.

No comments:

Post a Comment